Personalized Pet Bandana
Sometimes I think my boyfriend offers to take our dog Parker to work just to make me jealous, but I know how much Parker loves all of the extra attention so I try not to whine about it….most of the time. As Co-Founder and CEO of his company, I thought that the boss’s dog needed to play the role of mascot a bit better so I set out to create a FullContact.com bandana for Parker to wear to work. Despite being a dog who hates clothing, Parker doesn’t seem to mind bandanas – but truth be told, he’ll wear anything for a few extra belly rubs.
This was my first time playing around with iron-on transfers, so I can’t say that I have ever really thought about using them before. I feel like they could be a fun way to personalize just about anything though (e.g. t-shirts, bags, bandanas, etc.), especially for kids and pets.
- Following the Iron-On Transfer Sheet package instructions, print the image of your choice onto the transfer sheet (you’ll need to print it backwards – you should be able to do this by selecting a t-shirt transfer option on your printer options menu).
- Warm up the iron on the ‘cotton’ setting. Find a flat, hard surface (not an ironing board – I used my stovetop) to iron on and lay the pillow case on top; iron your bandana (on top of the pillow case) well to remove all of wrinkles.
- Position the image how you would like it to appear on the bandana; iron-on the transfer sheet, applying heat to the opposite side that you printed on. Hold the iron still for 20 seconds, apply as much weight as possible and holding the iron still. To iron a new area, lift the iron and set down again – do not push/smear onto the transfer sheet.
- After the entire surface has had heat applied to it, gently lift the transfer using a smooth, even motion.
Voila! You have a fun new accessory for your furry friend.
- Wash in cold water.
- Use a mild detergent for best results.
- Do not use bleach, or bleach alternatives.
- Promptly remove the bandana from the washing machine; the color may bleed if left in the washing machine.
- Dry on a low temperature.
Printer Friendly PDF: Personalized Pet Bandana