Honey Sesame Chicken (Skinny)
I imagine that my boyfriend and I aren’t the only ones who get a little giddy in a shopping mall food court, right? I seriously used to indulge in Panda Express four times a week when I was in college – that is probably around the time I gained the obligatory Junior-fifteen (I was a late bloomer – didn’t realize I was supposed to pack it on as a Freshman). My love of really unhealthy Chinese food has not subsided, but instead has been trumped by my love of fitting in my jeans. And that, my friends, is what is great about this recipe. It is a lot like Panda Express without the guilt or need for elastic waistbands – rejoice!
There isn’t much of a secret to making this guy – it is super easy with straight-forward directions. Two things that I am obviously a fan of. The big (and probably obvious) secret to the spice is adjusting the Siracha – I’m kind of a wimp with anything hot, so 1.5 tsp was about perfect for me. Serve with some steamed vegetables, brown rice, and/or wontons to make your faux-Panda meal complete! Enjoy!
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Sprinkle flour onto a plate and roll the chicken in it; ensure the cube is fully coated and shake off the excess flour.
- Line a cake pan (baking pan with high sides) with wax paper; add the chicken making sure it is spaced out.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and Siracha.
- Take out the chicken and pour the sauce over it, stirring to coat each piece. Put the chicken back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, stirring a few times to be sure every piece is glazed evenly.
- Once done, sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and serve!
Serve with steamed vegetables, brown rice, and/or wontons.
Printer Friendly PDF: Honey Sesame Chicken (Skinny)
This recipe originated from: www.skinnymommy.com/2012/01/skinny-honey-sesame-chicken.html