Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
I think I gain a pound or two just looking at this recipe….but it is totally worth it. In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and say that the extra hour on the treadmill that you may or may not need after eating one of these amazing little confections is a small price to pay.
Since making the cookie dough from scratch isn’t really going to help much in making these any healthier, I decided to buy pre-made cookie dough – this brings the total ingredients needed to TWO! Yes, two ingredients for this amazing goodness – you have no excuse not to make these….and I know you want to. Since I live at high altitude, my cookies come out looking like top hats, but yours should be pretty round and not flatten out at the bottom. If you’re living at high altitude and want cookies that don’t resemble top hats, make the cookie dough from scratch, slightly reducing the amount of sugar and increasing the flour. Trust me when I say that no one cares what they look like once you bite into one of these guys though – the Oreo softens when they’re baked, so this is one really large, really soft, and really tasty treat! Enjoy!
- Cover cookie sheet(s) with wax paper.
- Roll a slightly larger than normal ball of cookie dough, approximately 1.5” in diameter.
- Flatten out the ball (as flat as you can) and place an Oreo in the middle.
- Fold the cookie dough around the Oreo, ensuring that no Oreo is showing. Add more cookie dough on top if necessary.
- Place cookies on the wax paper-covered cookie sheet; if cooking at high altitude, leave extra space as the cookies will spread.
- Bake 12-13 minutes; 10-11 minutes if at high altitude.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes or so, then remove from the wax paper.
Printer Friendly PDF: Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can find the original (without shortcutting) version of this recipe here: http://veryculinary.com/2011/03/22/oreo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/ I’m still a little torn on whether I should love or hate Amy at VeryCulinary.com; I’ll side with love, but my jeans definitely have it out for her.