Hangover Kit Party Favor
I recently hosted a Bachelorette Slumber Party and thought some preventive measures for the morning after would make for a good party favor – and I was right! These were a big hit. We also decided that these could also be referred to as a “Jet Lag Kit” if you wanted to use them as a Destination Wedding Favor and wanted a more PC name. Either way, these are pretty easy, quick, and make an impression if nothing else. I liked these so much that I think they’ll be making an appearance at my wedding – I might even get a custom stamp from Paper Source to make them more personalized.
- Lay out your cotton muslin bag and place 3-4 Post-It Notes inside the bag so that the fabric paint doesn’t bleed through. I bought my cotton muslin bags here ($10 for 25).
- Dip your stencil brush in fabric ink. Apply paint to the rubber stamp using a dabbing motion; a smooth stroke doesn’t get enough paint on the stamp.
- When doing this for the first time, do a test run by stamping a paper towel to see how it turns out – you can then adjust the amount of paint you used if there is too much or too little ink.
- Stamp your muslin bags – I went with a plain heart in the center, but you could also personalize with alphabet stamps, or pick something more personal to the recipient.
- Set your bag aside and let it dry for 30 minutes or so; it is okay to remove the Post-It Notes while drying. Repeat the above steps for each bag.
- Once dry, you can begin filling your bags with the supplies for the kit.
See? How easy was that? Trust me when I say they are both a conversation starter and that they actually get used, compared to most favors that end up in a junk drawer somewhere.
Printer Friendly PDF: Hangover Kit Party Favor