Orange Creamsicle Cookies
I was over at my niece and nephew’s house the other day and heard that all-familiar anthem blaring from a truck driving down the street – it was the Ice Cream Man! I’m so glad that some things don’t change: the song, the timing (right as you’re sitting down to dinner), and the reaction from every child that hears or sees him…and maybe some adults. Everyone I know has an Ice Cream Truck go-to treat, but it is almost never something they eat anywhere else. I mean, do people order vanilla ice cream from The Man? No! You order a Rocket Pop, or Choco Tacos, or in my case, a Creamsicle Pop. Since it has been years since I visited an Ice Cream Man, it has also been years since I have indulged in anything Creamsicle….until now!
All sorts of fun childhood memories will come back when you make these puppies – I promise. They taste light and airy and prove to be the a perfect Spring treat – give them a try and let me know what you think!
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream/mix the butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and add the vanilla – continue beating until smooth.
- Steadily add the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Add in orange zest and white chocolate chips. (If you are anything like me, you have no idea what ‘zesting’ an orange entails so you have to look it up. I’ll save you the trouble, here is a how-to video.) :)
- Roll cookie dough into balls slightly larger than teaspoon size – drop onto an un-greased cookie sheet. (If you are reading this as you are making your cookies, you have already figured this out. But, do not flatten your dough, as it will dry them out.)
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- The cookies should be plump – let them cool for several minutes on the cookies sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Printer Friendly PDF: Orange Creamsicle Cookies
I found this recipe here: The Girl Who Ate Everything. I started wandering through Christy’s site again as I posted this link – I might have gained 5 pounds just looking at all of her amazing posts. Kidding (it was only three pounds), but you should seriously check her site out. :)